Download latest version
(v. 1.1.49, 2019-11-01).
- note that updates are through
and thus the latest version is installed rather than what may
be referred to in the tweet.)
Version 1.1.49 (2019-11-01):
Version 1.1.48 (2019-07-27):
- Edit Overflow has now been open sourced!
A public repository is
And there is now
a web version.
Thus it works equally well on Linux
(tested in heavy daily use for several months, including
automation with a macro keyboard and a custom
Arduino Leonardo solution with
even more keys).
The web version is not yet feature complete, but
it covers the most important functionality
for editing on Stack Overflow (refined over
several months based on real daily use).
- Added: New item to the regular expressions
(for detecting code formatting problems),
"Space after left parenthesis".
More Stack Exchange sites, including IoT and Law.
- Added more words (now at 9009 input words and
2796 output words).
- Changed: Menu command to prepare YouTube comments now
handles email addresses and some false positives for the URL
processing has been removed
("e.g." and "E.g.").
- Added: Support for use of PuTTY with AmForth
to be installed).
The input is text in the clipboard and the user must
manually change focus to PuTTY within 5 seconds.
Menu "Utility" →
"Typing out characters - direct".
- Added more words (now at 8228 input words and
2382 output words).
- Changed: The menus have been somewhat reorganised - items were
moved from menu Action to
menu Text and menu Utility.
- Added: Add TAB to the clipboard (useful if a text editor
has been configured to only use TABs, e.g.
Notepad++ or UltraEdit).
- Added: Menu command to prepare YouTube comments - for live time links
and encoding URLs to they don't look like URLs (to avoid deletion)
(Transform for YouTube comments (in clipboard))
in menu Text). Sample text to convert:
"07 min 10 secs: Book: https://www.amazon.com/Writing-Well".
Menu "Text"* →
*"Transform for YouTube comments (in clipboard)".
- Added: Menu command to enclose text in <>
(Insert in "Look up" field and enclose in "<>")
in menu Action).
- Added more words (now at 7525 input words and
2091 output words).
Edit Overflow is an application
(currently only for Windows)
for helping with the mundane aspects of editing
Stack Overflow and other
Stack Exchange sites posts.
For instance, quick (using the clipboard and
keyboard shortcuts) correction of common spelling
mistakes for things (programming languages, software
products, company names, and hardware).
Sample word lists:
Edit Overflow's first incarnation is a
Windows desktop application, but it is planned to
appear on various platforms (Windows, Linux, web,
Documentation: none at the moment (input and output
is in many cases the clipboard, for instance the
commands with keyboard shortcuts F5 and F7).
To be implemented before a true release:
- Reworked user interface (the current is only
experimental). For instance, break into
several types of windows or a tabbed
- User defined wordlist
- Import and export facilities for the wordlist
- Partial matching, at least when something is typed into the look-up field
- Support for all Stack Exchange sites
- Remember settings across program restarts
notes.txt, HTML version
Go to jump page.
The unit on the y-axis is
The four graphs show the price for the last month, last 3 months, last year and last five years, respectively.